Subject: Re: [Leica] My last word on RF
From: Mikiro <arbos@silva.net>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:26:49 +0200

on 13/9/00 12:34 AM, Dante Stella wrote:

> The Hexar attracts nothing but attacks.  They all center around "quality"
> and "precision" and whatnot.  I think the attacks are partly the proximity
> of the RF to Leica's signature body line, and partly due to resentment at
> Leica for not coming out with it first.  When it comes down to it, as long
> as full manual control is available, there is no rational argument to be
> made that the availability of automation is a menace or a burden or
> whatnot.  There is not much argument to be made that having a higher top
> shutter speed is irrelevant or an impediment, or that it is never
> necessary to synch at 1/125 of a second.  Many of these criticisms are
> best addressed as sour grapes.

The attacks to Hexar RF seem emotional.  If this camera had appeared with a
logo, LEICA, many of these attacks would not have appeared or possibly would
have been praise.  I use a Hexar RF.  There are things I like and also
things I do not like with this camera.  I just use it when I want to.
Anyway I am happy to have a new choice.

Cheers,

Mikiro

Replies: Reply from ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com> (Re: [Leica] My last word on RF)