Subject: [Leica] Leica table top tripod....
From: "Birkey, Duane" <dbirkey@hcjb.org.ec>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 08:34:51 -0500

I have the leica Table-top tripod.... The table-top is a freind of mine....
but it's no tripod for nature...

I like it, I carry it a lot and I occasionally use it as a last resort for
travel type shots in churches or museaums....

but I would never use it for nature.... unless you feel that 12" off of the
ground is the right height for your lens.... or you want all of your shots
to be from have a bunny rabbits perspective.

You might be able to use it pressed against a tree or on a rock.... but then
you are relying on rocks and trees to be in the right place and your
composition will never be as good as what you would get from a real tripod
that can be placed anywhere or in some cases just old plain hand-holding the
camera...  Which is why I use the table top as a last resort....

So I'd buy one.... but if your primary purpose is nature photography......
I'd buy another tripod too...... along with a SLR and macro lens....

Duane Birkey
HCJB World Radio
Quito Ecuador
Duane's Photographs of Ecuador