Subject: Re: [Leica] shooting in Italy and Vienna
From: chucko@siteconnect.com (Chuck Albertson)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:21:04 -0700

We're in no position to look down on any city in Europe, given the recent
wave of thrill-stompings by youth gangs downtown, and the guy from Portland
who was dragged into the bushes outside the public library and buggered by
winos. I also recall a recent two-week stint in downtown Oakland, where if
you heard a car alarm go off in the middle of the day, you knew for a fact
that a car was *really* being broken into. In short, you can get mugged
anywhere. The trick to avoiding it isn't avoiding cities like Rome or Vienna
(or Seattle), but to maintain an awareness of your surroundings.

Chuck Albertson
Seattle, Wash.