Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: My last word on RF
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:12:03 -0400

Krechtz@aol.com wrote:

> tom@kachadurian.com writes:
>
>> They know that Leica glass is second to none, and they take whatever
>> steps the need to to use those lenses to make great photographs.
>
> Then one would not use, for instance, a Cosina LTM ("Voigtlaender")
> or Konica "M" lens on a Leica? That sounds a bit parochial...

I use the Voigtländer 15mm and 35mm (f/1.7) on my IIIf along with various
Leitz LTM lenses. The IIIf is my fun camera...I use it as much for the pure
joy of using it as anything else. I also appreciate the 35's extra speed
compared to commonly available Leitz 35mm LTMs. The Voigtländer lenses
perform quite well. OTOH my M2 (#106xxxx) has never been mated with a
non-Leica lens, though this is due as much to circumstance as intent.

- -Dave-