Subject: Re: [Leica] 3200 rating
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 18:00:02 -0700

JZa1058168@aol.com wrote:

> I am going to a wedding saturday taking my M6 loaded withTmax 3200 B and W. I
> need suggestions for  rating the speed. I have seen 800, 1600, etc.
> I have seen several posts in the past, but need an update.
> j zarick, cinn ohio

If it's run in T Max developer which I'm not personally wild about you will get
a true 3200 speed out of it. Notice on the box it says P3200 and the P does not
stand for pool it stands for push!;)
But if it's run in T Max developer you'll get shadow detail at 3200.
In D76 or Rodinal, or Xtol or Hc-110 i got a speed of 1600 out of the stuff.
Same as Neopan 1600 which cost much less and I like better and is the film Ralph
Gibson uses.
Mark W. Rabiner
:)