Subject: RE: [Leica] quiet cameras in cathedrals?
From: "Bob Walkden" <bobwalkden@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 12:31:35 BST

Hi,

have you never enjoyed essays about the rituals and customs of other
cultures in magazines such as National Geographic? How about books like
Beckwith and Fisher's 'African Ceremonies'? Or TV coverage such as Kennedy's
or Princess Diana's funeral?

I'm planning to photograph a Druid ceremony at next week's equinox. Is that
wrong too? How about Cartier-Bresson's famous picture of the Muslim women in
Srinagar? Or the innumerable pictures by the banks of the Ganges in
Varanasi? Or Henning Christoph's 'Voudou'?

Cheers,

Bob

>From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
>
>Mitch,
>I have to say that for anyone to have the insensitivity to want to
>photograph others in the act of worship beggars belief!
[...]