Subject: Re: [Leica] 3200 rating
From: David Prakel <dprakel@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 07:41:05 -0400

on 14/9/00 3:01 am, Leica Users digest at
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> JZa1058168@aol.com wrote:
>>
>> I am going to a wedding saturday taking my M6 loaded withTmax 3200 B and W. I
>> need suggestions for  rating the speed. I have seen 800, 1600, etc.
>> I have seen several posts in the past, but need an update.
>> j zarick, cinn ohio

I have only developed TMax 3200 in D-76 rated at 3200 where it is
surprisingly grain free. Observations must be that it is very temperature
sensitive and negs can turn unacceptably thin if processing drops just a
degree from 75degF. It is also very susceptible to streaks from over
agitation during development. Apart from that at 10x8 many people can't tell
it from an older technology 400 speed film.

The one result I've seen from it pushed to 6400 was all soot and chalk with
grainy images - suitable for some subjects but I doubt it would be suitable
for a wedding.

- --
David Prakel

dprakel@rochester.rr.com