Subject: Re: [Leica] It's all about M's
From: ray tai <razerx@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 20:53:31 +0800

> The Hexar is a nice camera. However, where I shop in Denver, every time
> someone has come in and looked at a Hexar, they have bought an M. The three
> kit that they got at it's introduction are still there, collecting dust.
> That speaks volumes about it, no?

Konica was really silly to insist you buy the Hexar with its 50mm as a kit.
After all the real draw of the Hexar is its ability to accept M mount lenses.
I suspect this is why these kits are gathering dust.  Now that the Hexar body
is available separately more users will find it attractive.  In my opinion the
Hexar is a pure user camera that expands the possibilities of my Leica lenses,
for example when I need to shoot multi frames I can hold heavier lens such as
the 75mm steadier due to the smooth motor.   If I can keep just one M body I
would choose the .72x M6 but if I can have two it will be the Hexar and .85x
M6.

Cheers!

Ray