Subject: RE: [Leica] quiet cameras in cathedrals?
From: Bill Grimwood <Bill@grimwood.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 08:52:20 -0500

>During Catholic weddings I've been urged up onto the altar to shoot with
>flash during the ceremony _by the officiating priests_, with the
>enthusiastic acceptance of the bride and groom.

When I shot my first Catholic wedding as a young photographer the priest
started to tell me each part of the ceremony I should get a photo of.  He
immediately could tell that he lost me so he instructed me where to stand
and each time it was appropriate to make a shot he would look at me and
wink.  Every time he winked I made a photo of what was going on.  I was
standing within five feet of him and felt very conspicuous, but everything
worked out well.  My wife was in the balcony with a camera making time
exposures and she said I ruined all her photos because I was standing there
in them.  The Bride and Groom loved the album.

Bill Grimwood