Subject: Re: [Leica] Forbes article on mechanical wristwatches
From: Bmceowen@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:20:24 EDT

In a message dated 9/15/00 9:35:07 AM, howard.390@osu.edu writes:

>I'm with Matt on this: I have a Swatch mechanical automatic watch, one
>of
>the metal ones.  (Yeah, go ahead watch snobs, poo poo it all you like.)
> It
>gains about five minutes every month and perhaps once every six weeks I
>reset it to something more in line with the rest of the planet.  But my
>philosophy is that if you need timekeeping that is accurate to two seconds
>every month in your everyday life, you're better off getting major surgury
>to remove your head from your ass before spending the money on another
>watch...

Boy, let me just say I disagree. I expect only one thing from a watch -- to
be able to look at it and know what time it is. Any watch that fails to
perform this basic task is a piece of junk -- no matter what it costs . . .

Bob (wears a Seiko quartz) McEowen

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Forbes article on mechanical wristwatches)