Subject: Re: [Leica] Interest in Leica 0
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:36:45 +0100

I started this thread by stating:

'I haven't seen too much discussion on the Leica 0...'

Well, I came, I saw and I think I wish I hadn't ;-)  As you say it may be a
quirk and we all have to accept that such things exist in others.  I was not
around in the 1930s but I am fascinated by the history of photography and
the results that were achieved by people using much less technology than now
exists.  Given that I could probably never afford an original Leica 0, and
my fascination with Leica since I got into the marque, the new 0 is the
route I choose to take.  If I had a fascination with Holga then I would get
one of those.

It does seem from the general response that no one else will be going down
that route.

Simon

B. D. Colen wrote:

> Obviously, Simon, this is a prime example of
> ToEachHisOwn/That'sWhyTheyHaveHorseRaces....but I see this as yet another,
> the latest,

ManInTheMoonKingofSiamWhoCanWeSuckerNowInsteadofputtingmoneyinrealcameradeve