Subject: [Leica] ltm adapters
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 23:45:04 +0200

Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 13:24:58 -0400
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Why are LTM versions so expensive
IF there is a flaw in your logic, it is that such a move would, it seems to
me, is the final surrender by Leica of the present, in order to return to
the rosy glow of the past. To produce all lenses for 50 to 70-year-old
bodies, while selling "adapters" so that the lenses - made for 50 to 70 year
old bodies, can be "adapted" for use on modern bodies, strikes me as the
company's saying "we are a producer of photographic historic artifacts for
collectors, but we have cleverly come up with a way for serious modern
photographers to make use of our collector's lenses."

Best,

B. D.

<<<<<

Quite apart from anything else, who wants these already quirky cameras to
be even more gadget-like than they are already? As it is, you need
accessory viewfinders for wide angles, bad enough. But add adapters just to
mount the lenses?! Omygod! They'd be coming loose all the time, what a pain.
It would make leica a laughing stock.
Rob.
Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36