Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M-Grip:
From: "Peter Choy" <pmcchoy@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 22:15:04 -0700

I have the plastic Leica grip, the metal TMP grip, and Tom A's one-piece
alloy RapidGrip.  I used the RapidGrip shooting every day for a couple of
weeks in China last month.  IMHO it is by far the superior design among
the three, and as soon as I began using it I became reluctant to shoot or
handle the camera without it.  To my mind the distinguishing design factor
is the negative incline on the inside of the grip, enabling me to
get my fingers around the grip and thus to hold the camera securely for
purposes of one hand shooting (of course, I continue to use a strap wrapped
around my wrist).  It can be mounted directly on a standard M bottom plate
or on a RapidWinder that has the proper tripod bushing.  It makes pulling
your camera out of your bag a piece of cake. It also has a compartment for
spare doodads or batteries, and, not least of all, looks really cool.  Tom's
taking a bunch of them to Photokina, so you can check them out there.  In
other words, get a Grip!

Bests,
Peter Choy,
Staying put in California.