Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica 0.58x
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 21:11:07 +0800

on 16/9/00 3:59 AM, Paul Chefurka at Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com wrote:

> I think Erwin may be right - the combo of the .58, the motor, the 28
> Summicron, and the new Tri-Elmar might be one of the world's great
> travel/editorial kits.  I've got a serious lech going for the whole kit and
> kaboodle.
>
> BTW, there's be no point putting pop-up 21 or 24mm frame lines in a Leica at
> the moment - the lenses wouldn't activate them.  The best they could do for
> wider lenses might be to put in a permanent 24mm frame line.  But as I
> understand it, that's not the point of the .58 - it's the "high-eyepoint"
> Leica everyone's been yelling for.  Of course when Konica did it, everyone
> complained that it made the effective baselength too short. I bet it'll get
> lots of praise now that Leica's done it, though.
>
> Paul

The 24/2.8 ASPH. activates the 35/135mm frame lines of the M6 0.72 and 0.85.
With the new M6 TTL 0.58, I would imagine Leica could have made the camera
in such a way that the 24/35mm pair be activated by the 24/2.8 ASPH.  I have
black-tapped the frame lines window of my Hexar RF and I get a rather
uncluttered 24mm view.  I suppose I will be able to do the same with the M6
0.58.

Joseph