Subject: RE: [Leica] mechanical watches
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 16:54:59 +0100

Paul,
best to add the braking motion of the shutter blinds to another generator
to exploit that kinetic energy too ;-)

There's a Honda car just launched in the UK which uses this priciple, when
the car is braking, the otherwise lost energy is transformed back into
electricity to run the electric motors in it. The car is duel fuelled
(using the electric motive motors too) and will achieve over 100 miles to
the gallon.
Apparently they're losing 3000 pounds on every car they sell, it's around
17000 list price. And it only seats two I believe with enough room in the
back to stash your Leica, (OT, phew!).
Jem