Subject: Re: [Leica] wristwatches
From: "Simon Coates" <michael@scoates.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 20:01:12 +0100

>I also noticed that Breitling doesn't bother with being a "chronometer"
>either

Just a quick note:  Breitling for the year 2000 have become the first ever
watch company in the world to make every wristwatch to chronometer
certification.

I own two Breitlings, a Jupiter Pilot (quartz) and a Chronomat GT
(selfwinder mechanical).  The Chronomat is my luxury timepeice, and the
Jupiter is my 'everyday' watch.  I hope to purchase an 'Emergency' in the
near future, the same model as used by the two crew members on the
successful round-the-world balloon flight with the Breitling Orbiter 3.

Incidently, I use a Leica R6.2 which is a wondeful camera, and like the
Chronomat gives a certain satisfaction when I use it.

Simon

Replies: Reply from John Coan <jcoan@alumni.duke.edu> (Re: [Leica] wristwatches)