Subject: RE: [Leica] 35/2 ASPH and pre-ASPH BOKEH
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 08:20:40 -0700

That should read "Chardonnay-sipping" fine art photographers.

FWIW, my first couple of rolls of Supra 400 through my new 35 Summilux ASPH
has left me with a new appreciation for the objections of its detractors.
Yes, it's a fantastic available light lens - but the bokeh is to die from,
not to die for.  I've heard the terms "angular" and "blocky" used to
describe it, and that is very much in line with my experience.  In the two
years I've had the Summicron ASPH I never once noticed the bokeh - which to
me speaks volumes.

Paul