Subject: [Leica] 35mm, 90mm, and now 50 mm?
From: "Bego Mario Garde" <BegoMario.Garde@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 19:58:25 +0200

In January I bought a new Leica M6 TTL in chrome together with a 35mm
asph.-Summicron, which I mainly use for travel photography. I had some
problem with battery-usage, but since I use 1/3N-lithium-batteries only and
remember to switch the camera off, it seems to work.

To be a little more versatile I bought a 90mm Elmarit in August. Great lens.
Little bit heavy, but makes wonderful pictures. And it makes a great
combination with the 35mm. But I found out, that I mainly photograph in a 35
to 50 mm-range.

Now I think about buying a 50mm lens. But which one?

Noctilux: Too expensive, too heavy, too special ...

Summilux: Still quite expensive; heavy; "do I realy need a f-stop of 1.4?"
(the 35mm-Summicron is fine for me!); heard, that it makes not as sharp
pictures as the Summicron

Summicron: Guess, that's my favorit. Not too expensive; not too heavy; makes
sharp pictures; f-stop of 2.0 should be enough; price is OK.

Elmarit: Would make my camera a great travel-companion! (Is it easy to
collapse the Elmarit?) Is a 2.8-f-stop enough? Read, that it makes not as
sharp pictures as the Summicron. Price is OK.

Which one would be your choice, if you had a 35mm-Summicron and a
90mm-Elmarit?

Best regards,

Bego

- --