Subject: [Leica] Re: Rangefinder flare, disappearing frameline
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 18:04:25 -0700

At 05:00 PM 9/18/00 -0700, Peter A. Klein wrote:
>My M4-P does flare, unlike Thomas'.  But a far more annoying problem is
>that the right edge of the 90mm frameline often dims out or disappears.
>It seems related to the angle of light hitting the illumination window.
>But the only way I know to make it always visible is to move my eye
>significantly right of center.  This happens with or without eyeglasses,
>and none of the other frame lines do this.  Erwin (or anybody), do you
>have any idea what causes this?  Is it a standard thing, or something
>that can be adjusted?
>
>--Peter

My two M6's have very bright and clear frame lines. All frame lines, at all
times. I have, however, used/handled other M6's that had significantly
fainter frame lines and some with the problem you describe which is that
parts of the frame line goes away depending where your eye is. On these
cameras, I found that by moving the frame line lever slightly, I could
bring the fame lines into clear, bright, view. Which leads me to believe
that the frame lines merely need adjusting, internally, in order to get a
clear solid view.

Jim