Subject: Re: [Leica] Best flash?
From: "Simon Lamb" <simon@sclamb.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 09:01:35 +0100

I use the SF20 when I need to and it is excellent.  Never had red-eye and
excellent manual control available.  Fill flash is a breeze although the
1/50 sec flash sync speed is not too good.  Just expose for available light
and keep the shutter speed at 1/50s or slower (that's the not too good
bit!).  Then set the flash up so that it thinks the film is 2 or 3 stops
faster than it is (either adjust the ISO on the flash or set it to -2EV
or -3EV and shoot.  Simple but you can get some very subtle catchlights.

Simon