Subject: [Leica] Re: Just got an R6
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 15:30:20 -0700

At 12:41 PM 9/19/00 -0500, Bergman, Mark A. wrote:
>I recently acquired my first Leica SLR, a R6.  Couple of simple questions.
>
>1.) How do I turn on the VF red light without turning on the self timer?  Or
>am I missing something.
>
>2.) Does this have TTL flash, and if so what set up do I need.
>
>3.) I thought it had mirror lock up.  This isn't that big of a deal but if
>it has it I wish I could figure out how.

1.) Should be a switch, as you are facing the camera,lower right side of
the lens mount. I think there is a switch on the R6.

2.) Yes TTL, when you plug the proper SCA adapter into the flash shoe, it I
believe it sets itself to ~1/90th and TTL is active. I forget the SCA
number. I had an R6 and did a lot of flash with it with a Metz 60CT-4.
Worked perfectly. Including flash fill outside.

3.) Mirror lockup is the cable release socket on the left side of the lens
mount, opposite side of the VF light switch. Use a cable release to release
the mirror. I really like this way of releasing the mirror. Same as my
current R7's.

Jim