Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: P&S vs ASPH
From: Krechtz@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:02:25 EDT

In a message dated 9/20/00 8:08:40 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
brougham3@yahoo.com writes:

<< My wife could (except I have the 'cron ASPH).  I was really
 surprised...and half expecting to hear, "I don't see any difference
 between your new expensive toy and your perfectly good N****."  I
 really wasn't expecting to see any difference at that size and on a
 machine print.  And I *really* wasn't expecting my wife to appreciate
 any difference.

One of the differences found to exist between men and women, in recent
research, is that women tend to have a far better ability to distinguish and
describe subtle shadings and variants of color.  My wife edits my chromes of
natural and human subjects for color rendition, contrast and saturation and
unerringly catches the nuances evident in results from different lenses.  She
does the same with the occasional roll of color negative film I shoot for
other folks.  She, too, favors the high-priced glass.  By the way, there are
exceptions.  Some old Minolta p & s models have fine color rendition, too.

Joe Sobel