Subject: Re: [Leica] Ted's seminar details?
From: "M.E.Berube" <MEB@goodphotos.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 10:24:49 -0400

At 04:55 AM 9/20/00 -0700, Brougham wrote:
>October is too late
>for fall folliage in northern Minnesota.  Is it too late for Maine,
>too?  If I could plan a vacation for my wife and I for Maine, and just
>*somehow* end up in Kennebunkport on the right days, well that would
>just be such a coincidence that I'd *have* to go to Ted's seminar!
>(Well, I wouldn't do that.  But if there's some other overwhelming
>reason we should be in Maine at that time, it would sure help my
>selling that trip.)

I live in western Maine (prime leaf peeping country) about an hour and a
half north of the Bush compound in Kennebunkport.
The first and second weeks of October are usually just about peak for
foliage. Right now we are experiencing about 10% turn. If you are planning
on needing to be here the first week of October, make sure to provide time
to visit the world famous Fryeburg Fair (this year in it's 150th year) as a
prime people photography event and situated right on the edge of the Mt.
Washington Valley. (Mt. Washington being the highest point on the Eastern
Seaboard and the windiest place on Earth is also just an hour away.) For
further sales pitch...No. Conway, NH is at the heart of the valley in the
White Mountains and offers hundreds of 'factory outlet' shops if your wife
is more disposed to shopping than photographing.

If several of you are on your way up here next year, maybe Jeremy and I (as
the only the Pine Tree LUGgers that I know of) can host a small get
together at one of Portland's many microbrew pubs.

  Carpe Luminem,
Michael E. Berube