Subject: Re: [Leica] scanner
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 13:34:22 -0400

on 20/9/00 12:56 pm, Pascal at cyberdog@attglobal.net wrote:

> Yes, the Polaroid SprintScan 4000 can be run on a Mac. But I believe that
> the problem is that the software which is supplied with the Polaroid is of
> lesser quality for Mac than for Windows (or so I read somewhere in MacUser
> UK).
>
> Pascal

The sprintscan is now bundled with Silverfast and Silverfast HDR, which are
both top-quality high end scanning apps and run identically under Mac and
Windoze, so the software issue is now really a non-issue.

I run the Sprintscan 4000 user's group mailing list, which you can check out
at:

    http://www.topica.com/lists/ss4000/read

I'm very happy indeed with this machine. The extra dpi over the LS 2000
makes a lot of difference IMO and again IMO your leica lenses deserve it!
If you're interested in making prints bigger than 11x14 I don't think it
really has competition at the moment, though the Nikon LS3000 (4000 dpi) may
well change that when it finally arrives.
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com