Subject: Re: [Leica] Meta Photokina - warning! heretical contents!
From: David Binder <dbinder@sympatico.ca>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 22:11:01 -0400

I really think that if all you are doing with digital imagery is
squeezing out a gazillion shades of grey, then you are not having fun
yet. Not that Jon Cone isn't doing an amazing job. It's just that you
can do anything you want with an image in Photoshop, paint programs
etc., without leaving the computer. Negatives and chromes are
_documents_. Digital images are whatever you want to do with them. I
can't help but wonder what goes on now in the coolscan digital world of
government press in some parts of the globe.

- -David Binder (just making a case *for* negative scanners (and Leica M's))

ps sorry for sending this twice. I forgot to insert subject.

Replies: Reply from Guy Bennett <guybnt@idt.net> (Re: [Leica] Meta Photokina - warning! heretical contents!)