Subject: Re: [Leica] Meta Photokina
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 19:37:34 +0800

on 21/9/00 10:28, Henning J. Wulff at henningw@archiphoto.com wrote:

> I think Guigiaro's main contribution to Nikon design was the red stripe,
> now gone purple in the latest Coolpix 990.

That depends on where you buy the Coolpix 990 - in North America and Japan
where the TV system is NTSC, the stripe is indeed purple.  In my part of the
world, and the rest of non-Japan Asia, where the TV system is PAL, we get
Coolpix 990 with a red stripe.

Joseph - wishing my 990 had a purple stripe!