Subject: Re: [Leica] OT - Speed/Crown graphic
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 13:39:22 -0700

John Brownlow wrote:

> on 21/9/00 2:51 pm, Brian Reid at reid@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us wrote:

> >> Now I just have to find one!
> >
> > Hm. I own a 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 Super Graphic with every known accessory, all in
> > perfect working condition, and all of the darkroom stuff to go along with
> > it. The thought of selling it hadn't occurred to me, because it's so sweet,
> > but I haven't used it in a few years and it's getting a little harder to
> > find film for it. Press photographers of the era ( I bought it in 1961 )
> > called it a "baby graphic". Maybe I should hang onto it, though. I wonder.
>
> I think I'm going for a 4x5, just for the convenience of being able to slap
> on a Polaroid back. Incidentally, as there seem to be a lot of knowledgeable
> people here, anyone got an idea of would be a reasonable price for a good
> condition crown graphic with all film backs, a bunch of film holders and the
> following lenses?
><Snip>
Makes a bigger Polaroid than a Hasselblad but half the time i use the Hasselblad
(Ansel Adams thought it was OK) it's because i just needed a Polaroid. Then i
switch backs and go for the gusto with no surprises.
Those little 2 and a quarter square Polaroids scan nicely by the way. Depending
and what nicely means.
Betty Page used to love those 12 on a roll! (when she switched from speed
graphic to Rolleiflex)
markwr