Subject: Re: [Leica] Helping kids develop
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:11:02 -0400

Gee! B.D.!
You aren't such a hardnosed badass afterall! :o)
Really- unfortunately, none of my kids were interested in photography, and I
didn't beat 'em up over it, but my grand-daughter seems to have an interest,
and even though at twelve, I gatve her a simple box camera, as her interest
grows and she becomes more knowledgable, I think that she would benefit from
trying ALL SORTS of cameras and then pick one that suits her style. Of
course, anything manual will help develop a 'feel' for what the art is all
about, and perhaps help her gain the experience to learn to control the
outcome- which is what it is all about, and keep her interest piqued without
too many failures or such to the point that she becomes discouraged!
Dan ( STILL HAVING FUN AFTER THIRTY FIVE YEARS....) Post