Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: Leica Elmarit-M 2.8/24mm ASPH.
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2000 09:47:39 +0800

on 23/9/00 4:07 AM, M.E.Berube at MEB@goodphotos.com wrote:

> Guy,
>
> Canon made a 19/3.5 in LTM that is RF coupled according to Mr. Gandy's site.
> http://www.cameraquest.com/ltmlens.htm
> He says they are rare, but that's half the fun isn't it?
> Carpe Luminem,
> Michael E. Berube

Michael,

I had one of these many years ago: I recall it had an interesting serial
number that indicated it was the 7th made. It was not a good lens: very soft
except for the central 1/3 of the image. Lovely finder and case though and
the lens was very small and flat. I also got a 50/0.95 at the same time
which was the absolute worst optic I have ever come across: worse than the
worst disposable camera's....but the Canon 7sz was very nice. Wish I had
kept that. Got the whole lot in mint condition for US$300 (in Saigon, 1986
FWIW). Compared to the black M2 I got at the same time for US$100 that was
expensive!

Bests

Adrian
- --