Subject: [Leica] Olympics Day 9
From: Jim_Nelon@psdi.com
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 17:42:11 +0900

Tried to go to the Olympic Park to shoot the sites outdoors, but was not allowed
to go without a ticket to something in-hand. The only events I really wanted to
see today at the Olympic Park were costing upwards of A$100 (US$55) with some
costing A$355 (US$195) for the diving and gymnastics venues for only a three
hour session. So, off to Darling Harbour where I got some great opportunities to
shoot people having some of the best times of their lives, or so it seemed. The
light was great, the cameras worked to perfection (R8, 35/2, 135/2.8, E100VS).
In the afternoon live African or Caribbean entertainment had everybody dancing
and jumping in time to the music, many people bearing their country flag tatooed
to their cheek - the one on their face. The huge Jumbotron screen at one end of
the field kept up a steady pace of event reportage. And the colours everywhere
were intense.

Sydneysiders seem to truly be enjoying hosting these games. They're all smiles,
all helpful. The public transportation runs great. No delays where I've been And
everyone is having such a great time. What wonderful hosts. They should be proud
of the job they're doing.

Back to work tomorrow in our office Sydney. More on Tuesday.

Jim Nelon