Subject: Re: [Leica] printing questions
From: "Athanasios T. Seliotis" <selioti@attglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 20:41:01 -0400

I use an ilford darkroom exposure meter to set my time.  With this little device I
can set the time to produce a proper zone V or any other zone I need.  Of course I
have to calibrate the meter for the paper I use.  In the end the extra work I do
translates into saving paper.  In combination with f/stop printing this gives me
incredible control over my printing.

For my fine art prints I go an extra step and scan the straight print into my
computer and use software to play with contrast and local control before I waste
another sheet of paper.  I wish the software used the same terminology as
photographers to make this step even easier.

Athanasios Seliotis