Subject: RE: [Leica] Voigtlander Ultra-Wide - Heliar 12mm f/5.6 Aspherical
From: Simon Ogilvie <simonogilvie@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:40:53 +0100

On Mon, 25 Sep 2000 at 07:49:22 +0100 Simon Lamb wrote:
>I wonder what price the Heliar will be?

The test report mentions a price of £650 several times.
This is £400 over the price of the 15mm lens, so it had
better be 2.5 times better performance...

> The demonstation images in AP look
>excellent, and the lens would certainly seem to open up a new avenue of
>creative possibilities.  There, that sounds good, I'll try that on my wife
>this evening, could be the cost justification I need!

Hmm, wouldn't work with my wife!  I "upgraded" my old 35mm
Summicron for a new Aspheric one yesterday at a local camera
fair, and that was a hard one to justify to my wife.  It's a
bigger, heavier lens, and is the same spec as the previous
one, so explaining why I spent a weeks wages on it is tricky.
Any ideas you might have with that one will be gratefully
recieved ;-)

Simon.

Totalise - the Users ISP
To become a member and a shareholder