Subject: [Leica] where's my waitress
From: Robert Appleby <robert.appleby@tin.it>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 23:15:35 +0200

Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 15:25:30 EDT
From: ARTHURWG@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Leica] Suzy Q, again
"There is an agression implicit in every use of the Camera."

"Recently, photography has become almost as widely practiced an amusement as
sex and dancing..."

"A way of certifying experience, taking photographs is also a way of refusing
it-- by limiting experience to a search for the photogenic, by converting
experience into an image, a souvenir."

"it would not be wrong to speak of people having a ' compulsion' to
photograph: to turn experience itself into a way of seeing."

"Needing to have reality confirmed and experienced enhanced by photographs is
an aesthetic consumerism to which everyone is now adicted."

                                                            --Susan Sontag
Arthur
<<<<<

Arthur, this is perfect proof that some threads definitely beam in from the
distant past as I always suspected. Back to Newtonian 3+1 with a vengeance!
Maybe that's why flat fields are so important? Curvy's been the thing since
about 1960 - whoch coincidentally, is my year of birth - whoops!
Yours relatively,
Rob.
When submitting answers, do not attempt to write on both sides of the paper
at once.

Robert Appleby
V. Bellentani 36
41100 MO