Subject: Re: [Leica] Viewfinder dust question
From: John Collier <jbcollier@home.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 20:20:13 -0600

It is on very tight and requires a special tool to remove. If your local
store has a Leica days regularly then the the technician they drag along to
attract the girls/boys will usually have one. You can also order your own
from these chaps who make a number of different sizes for all those
different fittings on the M cameras:

http://www.micro-tools.com/

You can also ignore it until you get your next CLA, which you should be
doing every ten years (or less in dusty climes). The M cameras are not
particularly well sealed by modern standards so it is normal for dust to
sneak in. I find that I cannot see the dust when my eye is in viewing
position so I just ignore it.

John Collier