Subject: [Leica] B&H Should Respond To This Message
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 23:21:57 EDT

This showed up on the University website and since we Leica users buy a bunch
of stuff from B&H, we should get an explanation for what is going on.

"Posted by Steve on September 26, 2000 at 18:54:06:

I purchased a Sony PD150 camcorder, and a LC150TH case for the 150. I paid a
premiuj proce becuase I figured B&H were reputable. Check this out...

My camera came today, I paid COD, and $400 on my card. When I opened up the
big box, I noticed teh box that the PD150 was in was opened before. the SOny
seal was tore off. I opened it up and all the pices were sloppily arranged
and put back in with cheap plastic and scotch tape. The camera had
fingerprints on it and smudges on the lens, and teh memory stick was used. I
immediately opened teh case and guess what? It was not even teh correct case
but a generic case, repackaged in a sony box! When I took teh case out it was
dented, scratched and looked like it had about a year worth or rugged use! I
was shocked that B&H sent me this stuff. I figured I could call them and tell
them what happened so they could replace everything.

1st call: I get connected to a guy who sounds nervous once he gets my
customer#, he then hangs up on me once I am telling him about teh case.

Call#2 - I could not get through for 2 hours, I kept getting disconected.

Call#3 - I reach another guy who sounds rude and tells me he checked teh
serial number and that teh camera was never used, but factory fresh. I have
had many Sony camcorders including a PD100, VX2000, ect and I know what a
factory fresh box looks like. Anyway he lies about that and as I am
explaining teh case to him, he hangs up!

Call#4 - I reach a woman with a thick new york accent. I explain to her and
she listens. She apologized and told me to ship the cam back to her, then to
call her back with a tracking# and she will in turn, immediately send out
another next day air. She hangs up. I then realize she did not give me an
address, a RA#, or her name, just an extension. I called back to ask her this
info and the extension# she gave me was bogus!!! Unreal! I couldnt believe
it. So, when I calle dback to talk to anyone, they never answered.

I emailed them 5 times today from 9am to 4pm, and I told them they had to the
end of the day to fix this problem. I was not about to send back $4000 worth
of gear with no RA#, no confirmed return address, ect and trust them to mail
me a new one same day when I couldnt even reach them by phone. They never
emailed me back. So now I have a used camera (with a low serial# by the way,
so it probably has the hiss problem. I called sony and they said it most
likely did.) and a used beat up generic case that was supposed to be the sony
case. I'm out $4000 - I do have the cam, but to think, they charged someone
else a 15% restocking fee to take it back, and they sold it to me at full
price. What a joke.

Beware B&H..they must be going down the tubes...

Steve"