Subject: Re: [Leica] Just a Bad Experience in using flash with M6 TTL (What the manual said)
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:35:15 -0500 (CDT)

I'd also worry about the TTL firing older studio flash gear...if the
triggering is solid state (probably an SCR- or an open-emitter
transistor...) then both the polarity of the sync and the maximum
voltage would be critical.....I, too, assumed that the flash sync
was still mechanical, but if not, I'm VERY concerned about compatibility
with other, particularly older, flash equipment.....any current repair
folks have the answer?...or a schematic?......

I, too, am considering a used M6.....again....but now I'm >SURE< it'll
be a "classic" model.....

Walt