Subject: Re: [Leica] B&H Should Respond To This Message
From: John Brownlow <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 12:47:43 -0400

on 27/9/00 11:58 am, John Hoang at johnhng@pacbell.net wrote:

> I've also dealt with B&H for a while and been pretty happy with them.
>
> UNTIL THIS MONTH, I ordered 2 B&W filters for my boss: 55mm and 60mm MC
> polarizers. I received the 60mm in new condition, 55mm with scratches and
> cleaning marks. I called them and were asked to send back for replacement. One
> week later, they sent me the same filter with scratches and cleaning marks! To
> avoid hassles, I decided to keep the filter for my self and bought another one
> for my boss.
>
> This is by no mean to hurt B&H. But to alert its management team to check and
> clean its house once in a while.

Am I the only one shaking my head in bafflement at this story?

They send you a crappy filter, which you return. They send it again.

And you KEEP it?

Sending back the message loud and clear:

'stiff your customers repeatedly and evenutally they give up'

(like, thanks from all of us)

then post here saying that their management team should wake up!!!!!

whatever the cause for this situation, as far as 'management' are concerned,
they shipped a defective article which they replaced to your satisfaction.

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com