Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikon Adapters for R
From: George Lottermoser <imagist@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 19:00:33 -0500

wilber@jeffcoatphotography.com (Wilber Jeffcoat)9/27/006:46 PM

> In my looking for this same type of set up I was told that this
is a custom
> job. Do you know a good machinist?

Yes. My father spent his life as a tool & die maker. And he's
made some beautiful things for my adiction to photo gizmos. He
also made, from raw stock, a .44 caliber cap and ball Navy
Dragoon, a truly beautiful thing to behold and shoot. He gave it
the serial number which corresponds to marrying my mother;
romantic that he is. I have a marvelous photo of him shooting the
monster, at the moment that the pistol is surrounded by the smoke
from the black powder, and the grin on his face is as big as I
ever saw on him - but he's at the age where his memories of
making things have more reality than the making of new ones. And
yet he's not ready to release his milling machine or lathe to his
son. If he didn't live 90 miles away, I'd give it a shot.

George