Subject: RE: [Leica] suzy q?
From: "Tim Atherton" <tim@KairosPhoto.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 13:09:51 -0600

Ah, the Pentax 67 does have a lovely ka-thunk. But personally, the prize
would have to go to my first ever SLR, at age 16. A Russian Zenith (not even
the "improved" Zenith II) which took pentax screw mount lenses as I recall.

Legend had it that these were made in the same factory that made T62 tanks.
The shutter certainly sound like a tank commander slamking closed the
armoured hatch in the turret. A veery satisfyoing ka-CHUNK.

One top of that, it as extremely sturdy - literraly built like a tank. And
it may have weighed about the same as the Pentax 67...

But even then I was lusting after a Leica, reading through the Stack of
Leica Fotographie my dad kept by his bed.

Tim A