Subject: RE: [Leica] How to treat and protect old M3 vulcanite?
From: "Lee, Jonathan" <Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 09:26:19 -0400

Gregoire,

A yearly wipe with an oil soap (in North America Murphy's Oil Soap is a good
one) should do.  This is the thing that old car lovers clean their vinyl
dash with.  DO NOT use Armor All or other silicon containing cleaner.  The
silicon in Armor All will dry out the vulcanite and actually promote
cracking.

Jonathan Lee