Subject: Re: RE: [Leica] The Dentist
From: Walter S Delesandri <walt@jove.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 14:04:02 -0500 (Central Daylight Time)

On Fri, 29 Sep 2000 12:06:30 -0400 Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
wrote:
> Despite the lack of little smilies, I believe that this message was sent in
> jest.  Nonetheless, I hope that we are not about to descend into another
> "Those-rich-doctors-lawyers-and-dentists-are-buying-Leicas -they-don't
> deserve-while-we-poor-photographers-can't-afford-them" threads.

My father-in-law, a delightful if annoying retired beaurocrat in his mid-seventies,
has a saying that I love:  "remember, don't mistake honesty for cruelty!!"

I hope to God the rich doctors-lawyers-dentists-etc....buy TONS of the stuff...
as quickly as possible....as they did in the past decades.....and I'd just as
soon prefer that they never use it....but that they store it properly (many don't)....

This way, if my daughter is interested in photography when she's older, there'll
be plenty of cheap Leica gear, as there was when I was young.....

sincerely, your bottom-feeding-estate-sale-widow-grubbing leica friend,
Walt in Denton

(BTW, when my wife and I die, you won't want our stuff....trust me....actually,
hers may not hold up that long.......at least we'll "offend" the Leica collectors....)