Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: What travel lenses?
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 18:44:27 -0400

on 29/9/00 5:59 pm, info@borderless-photos.com at info@borderless-photos.com
wrote:

>> I think the 50 is, pardon me, the spare prick at the wedding here. You end
>> up with a 35 and a 50 or a 90 and a 50 or a 35 and a 90. The only sensible
>> combination here is the last one, so the 50 is surplus to requirements. If
>> you had a 28 and a 90 I might sing a different tune.
>
> Thought you just dumped your 90, or did you have another?

I did try to dump it but the buyer welched, and in between times I found out
what a great lens it is (it's a skinny TE90). It's VERY sharp and
wonderfully round at 2.8.

I know Rabiner hates it, and I admit it has one egregious fault that he
points out, namely that you simply can't shoot into the light with it at any
aperture. That was why I was selling it, because I had ruined a lot of shots
with flare. Now I take a lot more care and don't attempt contre-jour, and
it's a lovely thing.

You can see some examples at:

    http://www.zing.com/album/pictures.html?id=4293685451

- --