Subject: [Leica] Re: Cosina finder
From: "David Kieltyka" <daverk@email.msn.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2000 23:01:49 -0400

Mark Rutledge <markrut@ticnet.com> wrote:

> Anyone had a problem w/ the Cosina 25mm finder blocking the
> shutterspeed dial on a screwmount leica (mine's a IIIA), preventing
> changing? Is there a "cheap" workaround other than removing the
> finder all the time?

I have a Cosina/Voigtländer 1-to-2 accessory shoe adapter on my IIIf. This
lets me attach a finder and the nifty Voigt VC meter or bubble level at the
same time. The adapter comes in three different heights: 4, 7 & 10 mm. I use
the Voigt 15mm viewfinder with my Heliar on this camera and find the 7 mm
adapter gives me enough room to easily get at the shutter speed dial and see
the current setting. One caveat: the adapters aren't expensive but they're
not "cheap" either...I picked up two of 'em from B&H for around $65 each.

- -Dave-

Replies: Reply from "Mark Rutledge" <markrut@ticnet.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Cosina finder)