Subject: [Leica] Re: Cosina finder
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2000 09:41:08 -0400

> Mark Rutledge <markrut@ticnet.com> wrote:
>
> > Anyone had a problem w/ the Cosina 25mm finder blocking the
> > shutterspeed dial on a screwmount leica (mine's a IIIA), preventing
> > changing? Is there a "cheap" workaround other than removing the
> > finder all the time?

I was just in a store looking for an accessory shoe to attach to the top
of my Quantum TTL adaptor. Hama makes a little milled square post about
1/3 of an inch tall with a plain accessory shoe on the top and a plain
shoe on the bottom. It also has a 1/4 inch tripon bush on the bottom and
I think they market it for attaching a flash to a tripod. If you used
this it should raise the finder by enough to let you get your fingers to
the dial, but I don't think it would affect framing significantly. The
cost was about $15.

Hope this helps.

Simon Stevens

Replies: Reply from "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com> (Re: [Leica]Any interest in Leica VALOY or Focomat negative carriers???)