Subject: Re: [Leica] drymounting inkjet paper
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 10:15:59 -0400

on 1/10/00 8:53 am, Lee, Jonathan at Jonathan.Lee@hrcc.on.ca wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Do I drymount inkjet papers or is there another way to mount them? I have a
> SEAL press, some colour images on EPSON premium and regular photo paper, as
> well as some archival moutning sheets so I would appreciate any suggestions
> on mounting time/temperature

Drymounting inkjet papers is almost certainly a bad idea as it may cause
immediate colour changes, and probably affects the archival qualities.

A better method is to use 1" acid free linen tape (the same kind you make
mat hinges with). Attach two pieces vertically to the back of the print so
they poke about 1" above the top of the print, sticky side forward. Then use
horizontal pieces of tape to attach the print to the back mat, so you
basically have two T shaped pieces of tape. Then hinge the back mat to the
window mat as usual.

This way you have no tape attached to the front of the print.

Also make sure the linen tape will tear off the back of the print cleanly
(never use tape which is stronger than the item you are mounting!!).

- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com