Subject: Re: [Leica] drymounting inkjet paper
From: Johnny Deadman <john@pinkheadedbug.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 11:51:33 -0400

on 1/10/00 11:09 am, Austin Franklin at austin@darkroom.com wrote:

>> Drymounting inkjet papers is almost certainly a bad idea as it may cause
>> immediate colour changes, and probably affects the archival qualities.
>
> Have you actually done this, or know first hand, that this happens?  Light is
> different than heat...

Not me, as I don't have a heatpress, but I have heard several first hand
reports. Why take the risk, anyway? Inkjet papers don't curl the way fiber
prints do, so the hinging method works great. And it is the approved
'museum' way of mounting all kinds of prints (check out the Kodak guide on
this or any guide for curators).
- --
Johnny Deadman

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com