Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Film at the Airport or how I learned to love TheBomb
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2000 14:26:13 -0700

The security gate folks have a new tool for checking hand carry on!
It's a small swab they drag over the bag catches or any place they wish
to pick-up explosive residue, it's simple and quick.

A recent departure from Boston to Toronto my equipment shoulder bag went
through the scanner, then they did a swab of the "catches only!" Put the
swab in a machine and I was clean.

Apparently if one handles explosives they'll have residue on their
fingers so that when they latch up the bag the residue is left on the
catch or any pieces that you handle to put in the bag.

As far as asking for hand inspection, no problem, passed it over,
swabbed it and I was on the plane!  So watch for this new routine.

However John, thanks for the heads up on the new scanner gear for carry on.

ted
Victoria, Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant