Subject: [Leica] OT: Film at the Airport
From: Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow <laintal@tin.it>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 08:15:05 +0200

> I apologize in advance as I KNOW this has been discussed in the past.  I
just
> never thought I would be going on a fly vacation so soon.  Anyway what is
the
> best way to get thru security with film that I am bringing with me?  I
seemed
> to remember LUGgers talking about putting the film in a clear zip lock bag
> and asking for hand inspection?  does mean the film out of the plastic
> cannisters or still in the cannisters?  Any thoughts would be helpful.
I'm
> still undecided as to which camera to bring but that's a neurotic misery
that
> only my family has to endure!!! :)
>
> ernie nitka - a week away from Seattle

<<<<<

Ernie, why don't you just buy the film in Seattle? And get it developed
there. I always buy film at my destination, after all most films are
available everywhere now, not because of worries about fogging, but because
it's so much more convenient than carrying 5 or 6 bricks with you.
Rob.
Robert Appleby and Sue Darlow
Via Bellentani 36
41100 Modena