Subject: [Leica] R5, R-E
From: telyt560@cswebmail.com
Date: 2 Oct 2000 07:26:51 -0700

On Mon, 02 October 2000, Simon Stevens wrote:

<SNIP>>
> On that subject, what are the specifications of the RE and R5? I ran
> searches and couldn't find any mention anywhere.
>
> Simon Stevens

The R5 specs are much like the R4: Aperture priority (spot or average pattern), Shutter priority (average pattern), Program (average pattern), manual (spot pattern), interchangable viewscreen, provision for Winder-R or Motor Drive-R, plus built-in diopter adjustment, TTL flash metering, and the idiot-resistant switches introduced with the R4sP.

The R-E is all this except is has no Shutter priority or Program modes.  Think of it as an R5s.

Early production of the R4 was very unreliable but the R4 problems were fixed by the time the R4s was introduced and I don't recall any problems with the R5.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
Visit the Northwestern Alumni Association portal
page at http://www.nualumni.com  to get free
web-based e-mail and many other exciting features.