Subject: Re: [Leica] the leicaness of leica WAS Erwin, photographictechnique
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 08:51:09 -0700

Johnny Deadman wrote:

> re Tripods & slow film
>
> >> Rebuttals anyone??<<<<<<<<
>
> Only half a rebuttal!
>
> I have no problem with tripods and slow film (though haven't tried it yet
> for street shooting... don't worry, I will, it sounds like a neat idea) but
><Snip>
Fast breaking action=weddings and I've shot those guys with a tripod and a Hasselblad.
It's kinda like Woody Allen playing the cello in the marching band.
The action kind of flows around you.
A remarkably effectual way to shoot, looking over the cameras and getting
extreme depth of field and not worrying that anything to far will be too dark or
too close will be to bright (flash). Or camera movement.
And if shutter speeds are a quarter or a fifteenth of a second and a few people
twitch all the merrier, looks great.
I just pretend I'm an old fashioned photographer. People respect a tripod. You
get the opposite response from trying to blend in.
mark rabiner